I've been trying to imagine what it'll feel like to be in labour, what will be running through my head and will I cope. So far I haven't really thought about labour very much, I know exactly how I'd like it to happen - The birth pool has been blown up in our dining room for a couple of weeks now. I still haven't got everything together that I need though, I've been too busy with the nursery to think about my birthing box & hospital bag. It is on the "To Do" list though and I'm really going to have to get them sorted over the next day or so.
There's so much excitement to come and as well as labour I have been thinking about the first time our eyes meet, the first time I hold him, the first time Daddy holds him and introducing him to the people we love.
Here are a few of the things I'm really looking forward to:
- Seeing what colour hair he has - Mummy is a redhead, Daddy is dark but has red hair in his immediate family.
- See who he looks like (I imagine you'll look like Daddy)
- Show him off to our friends and family
- See him smile for the first time
- See him roll over
- Hear his First Words
- See him take his first steps
- Read books with him and teach him things - numbers,letters etc
- Go on family trips
- Paint, bake, play
- Teach him about animals - I hope he loves them as much as we do - particularly Cats & Rabbits =]
Most of all I am looking forward to becoming a family of three (plus the animals of course) I find it really exciting and a little bizarre that a little person that's half me and half Sam will soon be with us. I'm so privileged to have been given the chance to grow and nurture this little person inside me. Safe journey little man! =]